Aubergine & Tomato Pasta
Delicious, simple and quick.
3 cups (300g) pasta, uncooked
2 aubergines, cut into bite-size pieces
1 tbsp of olive oil
1 tbsp of oil from sundried tomatoes
14 oz. (400g) can chopped tomatoes
10 sundried tomatoes, drained
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 onion, diced
2 tbsp tomato puree
1 tsp coconut sugar
2 tsp mixed herbes
- Preheat the oven to 375 °F (190°C). Cook pasta according to
instructions on the packaging.
- Place the cut aubergine on a baking tray lined with baking paper
and drizzle with 1 tbsp. of oil. Season with salt and cook in the
oven for 35 minutes, until soft.
- While the aubergine is cooking, heat 1 tbsp. of the sundried
tomato oil in a pan over medium heat. Sauté the onion and
garlic for around 5 minutes.
- Next, add in the tomato puree, mixed herbs, and sundried
tomatoes. Mix well and continue cooking for 2 minutes. Then add
the chopped tomatoes and sugar. Reduce the heat and simmer
until the aubergine is ready.
- Once pasta and aubergine are ready, mix everything, and serve.
- i suggest you use whole wheat pasta like brown pasta, buckwheat, lentil or chickpeas pasta instead of white pasta.